In the past few years, digital marketing has taken shape and is a huge part of a marketing plan for companies. But what’s at the top of that list? Content marketing has been in the top 10 most important forms of digital marketing for three years running according to Smart Insights, and we’re here to tell you why it’s so important, and how to take advantage of it.
What is Content Marketing and Why Should I Use it?
Content marketing is the implementation of creating, sharing and distributing quality content that is informative, entertaining, and valuable to prospective clients. This means it’s a great way to creatively deliver a message about your products and services to your clients. Content marketing drives engagement, and the more engagement you have, the more people will remember your products and business.
What Types of Content Marketing Should I Use?
- Video Marketing: a great video marketing strategy can produce a storytelling message and develop a brand identity among your target audience.
- Video Animation: you might be asking yourself what this is, and we’re here to help. By using certain software, you can transform complicated presentations into a visually appealing and interesting video that your consumers want to watch. Presenting this content in such a way creates greater value for the end viewer, and making you more popular and valuable when it comes to business down the road.
- Memes: A meme is another incredible form of content, and has the potential to generate tons of traction on your pages. Measure value through creativity, not just resources when it comes to content marketing. And while you may think memes tend to be on the childish end of the spectrum, they don’t have to be, and you can use them as a tool to become more relatable to your target audience.
- Infographics: these can represent a powerful presentation of valuable information or data in a visually interesting way. People want to look at things that are visually appealing, and if you’re including information about your business or industry, consumers will also take away that information.
- Live Video Streaming: live video will only continue to gain popularity in 2018, and is a new and exciting way for you to connect with your consumer, and for them to connect with you on a more interactive level. Implementing live video into your marketing strategy can increase your visibility among viewers and enhance their overall customer experience.